June 2, 2017

Friday Reads: 6/2/2017


FRIDAY READS: 6/2/2017

      Looking back into my archives, the last time I did a Friday Reads was February 22nd or something like that. Am I surprised? No. Am I sorry? No. Good, now that we have that addressed, let's move on, shall we?



     So with my summer research internship, I've had a surprising amount of time to do reading which will be evident when I put up my May Wrap Up. So much reading, that I have surprised my reading goald of 50 books! Granted, most of what I read were single graphic novel issues, but damnit those count!



    This week (might have been the end of last week), I started "Into the Light" and it is quite the interesting read. For those of you who are unaware, my greatest bookish love before I was introducted to YA novels is mystery/thriller. I've been enjoying those since I was like eight. 

27309432


     "Into the Light" basically surrounds this cray cray religious cult set in Alaska with three POVs, one from a guy in the cult, another from a girl who has been abducted into the cult but has no memory so she doesn't know she is in the cult (also, did I mention the guy told her she is her husband and she just believed him with no further explanation or demand for photos??? Like, she's fucking this guy thinking he's her husband despite having no memories of him...), and finally our third POV is from a journal investigator in Detroit (which lol if the author thinks they are acurately portraying Detroit). 



     I'm quite enjoying this book. It is not without its faults, but it is so interesting. Like all I want to know is what is going to happen. Will Sara (the girl with no memories) gain her memories back and escape the cult? Why her? How is this cult functioning the way it is? I've got a lot of questions that need answers. 


     
     So what are you guys readin today or this weekend? Got any good recommendations? I've been so out of the bookish loop that I have no idea what's good that out or what the new releases are.

Join the conversation!

Please leave a comment down below because I would love to hear your thoughts. To ensure you see my reply, make sure to click "Notify Me".