June 8, 2015

"Confess" Review


22667115

Book: Confess

Author: Colleen Hoover

Format: Ebook

Page Count: 320

Publisher: Atria Books

My Rating: ★★★★ 3/4

Synopsis: Auburn Reed has her entire life mapped out. Her goals are in sight and there’s no room for mistakes. But when she walks into a Dallas art studio in search of a job, she doesn’t expect to find a deep attraction to the enigmatic artist who works there, Owen Gentry.

For once, Auburn takes a risk and puts her heart in control, only to discover Owen is keeping major secrets from coming out. The magnitude of his past threatens to destroy everything important to Auburn, and the only way to get her life back on track is to cut Owen out of it.

The last thing Owen wants is to lose Auburn, but he can’t seem to convince her that truth is sometimes as subjective as art. All he would have to do to save their relationship is confess. But in this case, the confession could be much more destructive than the actual sin…

     So I read this book about a week ago but I am now just getting to posting a review... Whoops. Sorry. I have just been in the biggest reading/blogging slump ever. Figures I would be after reading 15 books in May, which I did not anticipate reading so many in the month I took AP exams. Anyway, on to the review.
     This was my second Colleen Hooever book, the first being "Ugly Love". I LOOVEEED "Ugly Love" so I had high hopes for this book. Let me tell you. Those expectations were met. I enjoyed both Auburn and Owen's POVs and storylines, though I had some "Ugly Love" vibes going on throughout the story.
     In the very beginning I was so confused on how the first chapter had anything to do with the rest of the book once I got like three chapters in. However I got near the end and my mind was blown. Colleen Hoover did such an amazing job connecting everything in the book together and bringing the story full circle.
     I will be completely honest with you all: I thought the story was very instalove. After reading the entire book I can understand some aspects of the instalove, especially from Owen's side, but in other parts I was just so confused. Like do people really have sex with people they have interacted with for less than a week? Is having sex with a hot guy really that mind blowing that you will ignore everything else about the situation.
      Besides the few mind-blowing points of the story there was nothing particularly that special about it. It was pretty predicable in Colleen Hoover fashion and the writing wasn't anything super special. Nevertheless I really enjoyed it. I don't really read a lot of New Adult but Colleen Hoover has really guided my way into this genre. I think I might try reading her other books now. I'm thinking of reading "Maybe Never" (I think that is what it is called, correct me if I am wrong) next.

Have you guys read "Confess"? If so what are your thoughts?

*P.S. I hated Trey with a burning passion and hope he rots in hell along with his mother.

Join the conversation!

Please leave a comment down below because I would love to hear your thoughts. To ensure you see my reply, make sure to click "Notify Me".