April 24, 2015

Friday Reads: April 24th, 2015

So I haven't been active much on this blog lately or had a chance to read, but as I mentioned in a previous post, I am nearing the end of my senior year so that means being loaded with AP homework and preparing for exams. I had my last ever high school math test before the actual AP Calculus exam which makes me unbelievably happy. At the same time I am so stressed out. I am so ready for the AP exams to be over and then the school year so I can read, write, and watch Netflix all summer long.

Reading wise this week, I didn't do so hot. I started an ARC of "Lola Carlyle's 12 Step Romance" from Entangled Teen.

18363240
Lola Carlyle is lonely, out of sorts, and in for a boring summer. So when her best friend, Sydney, calls to rave about her stay at a posh Malibu rehab and reveals that the love of Lola’s life, Wade Miller, is being admitted, she knows what she has to do.Never mind that her worst addiction is decaf cappuccino; Lola is going to rehab.

Lola arrives at Sunrise Rehab intent solely on finding Wade, saving him from himself, and—naturally—making him fall in love with her…only to discover she’s actually expected to be an addict. And get treatment. And talk about her issues with her parents, and with herself. Plus she has insane roommates, and an irritatingly attractive mentor, Adam, who’s determined to thwart her at every turn. 

Oh, and Sydney? She’s gone.

Turns out, once her pride, her defenses, and her best friend are stripped away, Lola realizes she’s actually got a lot to overcome…if she can open her heart long enough to let it happen.

When I first started reading the book I didn't really like it because I thought the character was a surface level stuck up bitch, but the further I get into the book the more I like her and the more humor and sarcasm she offers up. I'm kinda excited to see where it heads because the situation the character has put herself in is quite interesting.

Join the conversation!

Please leave a comment down below because I would love to hear your thoughts. To ensure you see my reply, make sure to click "Notify Me".